Ryba’s Story Our History

The Ryba’s Fudge story and the family history surrounding its confectionery craft began in 1936 when Harry Ryba opened his first sweet shop at Jefferson and Chalmers on Detroit’s east side. It’s there that he began selling delectable fudge, donuts and caramel corn. Ten years later Ryba opened a second store at Mack and Chalmers, where he began to hone his skill as a master fudge maker. Around that time a 13 year-old began selling newspapers outside Harry’s store got…

Learn More

Our Fudge Shops & Mackinac Island

Historic Mackinac Island is located on the east end of the Straits of Mackinac between Michigan’s Upper and Lower peninsulas in beautiful Lake Huron. Incorporating 3.8 square miles, it was named Michilimackinac meaning “Great Turtle” by its original Native American inhabitants. It was home to an Odawa settlement before European exploration began in the 17th century, and it served as a strategic center in the Great Lakes fur trade, which led to the establishment of…

Learn More

906 Rewards Club

Ryba's Fudge Shop